Friday, January 3, 2020

Is there Hope

 


I find that it is easy to think there is little hope for the World or the Church. It is easy to think the bad guys are getting away with it...whatever "it" maybe. As I read the Scriptures tonight I was reminded they do not get away with anything. Good wins, evil is punished. God will not be mocked. It does not always seem that way. When I was a teacher it would often seem the "bad ones" were getting away with something. They seemed to go unpunished uncorrected. Yet I know better. Part of there punishment was there own doing, that of ignorance for not paying attention. They would be punished of course through different means, means other students may not see. I am sure some of the students thought nothing was done to them because they did not see the punishment happen. how often have I felt that way as I look at the Church leaders, the Pope, of the world? Yet scripture tells us God will have his day he will have his vengeance. Let us not fall into despair nor allow ourselves to get too prideful because our own sins cry for vengeance as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment